Cry for Help

I know what I saw.
Thank you for your email
I know what I felt.
telling me what you believe happened to you.
It wasn’t right.
What you describe happened a long time ago.
Nightmare of nightmares.
It is not possible to investigate at this distance.
It recurs.
There are legal time restrictions.
It never goes away.
I hope you can move beyond your present distress
Often it seems there’s no escape.
and trust that currently we take steps
I’ve blamed myself for not speaking up sooner.
to ensure safe practices.
Did others suffer?
I pray for you and everyone affected by your disclosure.
Until you show me how things have changed
Believe me, things are very different now.
there is no good end to this,
Most warmly,
I fear.
  
©Janet Henderson 1st October 2018



safeline.org.uk



Comments

Popular Posts